Last updated 28th July 2019
Re4mit Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data (for example your name, email address, physical address or IP address) we collect from you or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Re4mit Limited, 18 Beaumont Chase, Bolton, Greater Manchester BL3 4XH. A limited company registered in England and Wales, Registration Number 11802445. VAT Number 318 1077 20. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the act is Nasim Valli, Director and can be contacted by email at [email protected]
What does this policy cover?
Information we may collect from you?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which as follows:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site http://www.re4mit.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include:
- Your name and contact details, such as your address, telephone number and email address
- Employment details such as the name of the company you work for, your work contact details (address, email, phone number) and job title
- Account details such as any products and services you have subscribed to and how they are used, contractual agreements, transactional and financial details and passwords
- Any information provided when you report a problem with our website
- Your communications with us (including email and phone conversations)
- Your responses to any surveys you may complete
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, cookie data, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- Information used to verify your identity such as photographic ID or data obtained via a credit reference check
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you when working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Uses made of the information?
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you
- To audit the usage of our website
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us or take steps to enter into a contract with you
- For training purposes, quality assurance or to record details about the products and services you order from us
- To satisfy and meet our legal and regulatory requirements
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our products and services
- To carry out credit and fraud prevention checks
- To carry out market research
- To defend or bring claims
We can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so. We will only use your data for one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you or take steps in order to enter into a contract with you
- If we have a legal duty to use your data for a particular reason
- When you consent to it
- When it is in our legitimate interests
Legitimate interests are our business or commercial reasons for using your data, but even so, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you. Where we use your data for market research, training, credit reference and fraud prevention checks, defending or bringing claims and sending some types marketing, we do so because it is in our legitimate interests of developing and running an efficient and effective business.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your identity, contact, technical, usage and profile data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Disclosure of your information?
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation; in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others. This includes sharing information with third parties in order to assist with the services and products we are providing to you including:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Re4mit Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we share your personal data with other organisations, we will take all reasonable measures to make sure it is properly protected, as far as is possible.
Where we store your personal data
Despite our security measures unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
IP addresses & cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small pieces of information in the form of text files that are sent to your browser from our web server and are stored on your device.
We do not store any personal information in the cookie; they are designed only to collect information of an anonymous nature. We will not combine such anonymous information with your personal details.
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Social Media cookies. Our website makes it possible for you to share our information via social media and these cookies make this process easier by remembering the social media use. We will not access your social media account.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Managing and disabling cookies
It is every users right to have the choice of whether to agree to ‘cookies’ or not. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies from any website by modifying the settings in your browser. This is a far easier process than it sounds, and if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, you can do this through your browser settings. For any required information about how to manage and disable cookies however, you can use the ‘Help’ function within your browser or for any further instructions, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 30 minutes.
Security & your rights
Remit Limited has security measures in place to provide protection against the loss, misuse and alteration of data under our control. On our website your personal data is encrypted and protected utilising the industry standard Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. Most browsers will indicate the encrypted nature of your data when you are visiting a secure page.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 18 Beaumont Chase, Bolton, Greater Manchester BL3 4XH OR [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Regarding your personal data you have the right to:
- Access your personal data
- Have inaccurate personal data amended
- Be forgotton or erased
- Prevent any use of personal data until the data is erased or amended
- Data portability (The right to receive your personal data electronically and in a commonly used format.
- Object to your personal data being processed based on legitimate interest
- Prevent any automated decision-making and profiling.
You can execute these rights by sending an email to [email protected] to which we will respond within 30 days.
If you have registered to our regular updates via the preference centre you can amend your personal data here yourself as well.
We also protect your data off line. All data of our website users is maintained in a restricted section in our offices and systems. We limit the access to such personal data to just those employees who need the data to perform their job.
We will take all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your data in our systems.